General tutoring policies
For marketing and brand identification purposes, GeeklyHub users who act as educational providers accessible to Students via their personal account are labelled “Geeks”. “Tutors” and “Geeks” are interchangeable terms. For the purpose of this document, policies regulating behavior of Geeks are listed under Tutoring policies section. Lesson Service is a primary deliverable of tutors that is provided to students as a result of paid cooperation. Lesson Service is defined as tutoring or educational service that a Student may receive from a “Geek”. GeeklyHub acts as an interface designed and developed to facilitate request of such services, collect and process payments from Students, ensure financial security of Students and Tutors.
How tutoring services work
GeeklyHub is a platform that provides functionality, by using which as student can request and pay for Lesson Services provided by tutors. GeeklyHub provides and ensures proper operation of functionality that enables provision of Lesson Services. This functionality includes but is not limited to direct interaction (instant messaging), file sharing (upload and download), encryption (SSL), and document collaboration. GeeklyHub does not act as a provider of Lesson services. GeeklyHubdoes not act on behalf and is not a legal, financial or other type of representative of any User (Student or Tutor). Tutors are independent contractors and they are not employees or representatives of GeeklyHub.
Interaction between students and tutors
GeeklyHub does not bear any responsibility for decisions made regarding the provision of Lesson Services by either students or tutors. GeeklyHub informs the student that this type of decision is solely her responsibility; similarly, GeeklyHub informs the tutor that a decision to provide a service to a student is made by the tutor alone. GeeklyHub does not censor or check content of Lesson Services provided to the student. Students are responsible for verifying appropriate quality of content provided by tutors; disputes regarding quality of content provided by tutors may only be initiated based upon confirmation of insufficient quality of such content and / or Lesson Services.GeeklyHub requires all tutors to provide accurate and timely updated information about themselves.GeeklyHub undertakes all feasible actions that would allow to screen and verify information about the tutor as well as her academic credentials; however, GeeklyHub does not guarantee completeness of such screening or verification should the information obtained about tutor’s skills or credentials be somehow corrupt or counterfeit. GeeklyHub does everything possible to avoid and prevent identity falsifications and it should not be held liable for such falsifications. GeeklyHub is not responsible for any mental, physical or psychological damage done to the Student or the Tutor during their interaction. Should there be a strong belief that a certain interaction between the Student or the Tutor might be dangerous to any party, the party holding such beliefs should contact the authorities immediately.
Exchange of files between Users
Collaboration between Students and Tutors may include exchange of files. GeeklyHub should not be held liable and does not bear any responsibility for the content, accuracy, legality and safety of these files. Users assume full responsibility and risk for downloading and opening these files.
Tutor behavior guidelines
Once a User is approved as a tutor, they agree to the following behavior guidelines:
- They have necessary qualifications and expertise that are supported by academic credentials.
- These qualifications allow them to offer lesson services.
- They are to provide truthful, accurate and legitimate credentials to support their qualifications and expertise. These credentials are to be supported by photocopied or scanned and verified originals of documents from legitimate and recognized academic institutions. These documents are to be provided upon request from GeeklyHub.
- They are prohibited to use GeeklyHub to engage in any business activity that would violate any national or local laws and academic policies of Universities, Colleges or other U.S. academic institutions.
- They are prohibited to facilitate directly or indirectly violations of such laws and academic policies by other users.
- They are prohibited to either directly or indirectly facilitate violations of GeeklyHub Honor Code.
- They are prohibited to create circumstances that would result in any form of academic dishonesty.
- They are prohibited to engage in any activity that would result in GeeklyHub purchasing licenses or paying any royalties.
Violations of the guidelines above would result in immediate termination of cooperation and account suspension.